Hi Andy,

Yes, Runtastic is accessible with a few limitations:

When you first open the app there is a few instructions and it says "Page 1
of 3" on the first page. It seems a 3-finger swipe will not advance to the
to left, then when I turned Voiceover back on I was on page 2 of 3 and I
repeated this to get to page 3 of 3, then I tapped the Close button at the
top.

After this I came to another page where Voiceover read all the text of a big
list of features and limitations and at the end you have to tap "I Agree".
You then can sign in with Facebook or set up a Runtastic account although I
have no idea why anybody would want to share their heart rate with all their
Facebook friends, but then again I think this Facebook integration
everywhere is stupid, of course this is just my opinion and not relevant
beyond stating my opinion.

At some point it told me that in order to measure my resting heart rate you
should do that 2 minutes after waking up and I guess that measurement is
used as a comparison for later measurements throughout the day.

Once you get into the app it will tell you to lightly place your finger over
the camera lens making sure it's completely covered and to hold it still.
You then hear a series of beeps and a triple tone when the measurement is
completed. At that point your heart rate is displayed, but I think it's some
sort of graph and not necessarily very useful for a Voiceover user. However,
there is a Discard and Save button at the top and if you save it, you can
then see your heart rate in the History tab in a fairly straight forward
list format, date and time and the heart rate.

On that initial screen after the measurement you can also once again share
it on Facebook or by email so you could also send yourself an email which
would contain the information. I did this, see below: