With some email accounts, you can choose to move to the emails to trash foulder
rather than deleting them completely. A very good example is with GMail.
However, with some email account, specially those that uses IMAP as default
setting, or those that come with your ISP etc, trash foulder is not necesarry
an option.
When you delete the message, instead of move it to trash, it will delete the
message completely from your ipad, and also the server.
However, you can change that thru setting; mail contacts note; mail; account;

hope this help

Regards
Joanne (AU)

The flip side of Inclusion is Exclusion.Joanne Chua
Leaders For Tomorrow 2013 Candidate
Send from my iPad