Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply. I can quite understand that it would take some
considerable time and effort to make a blank board completely accessible for
us. I was just wishing…

I don't know what difference it would make if you change the rotor setting,
because it just seems to me that you're having to place a finger on a very
small area, but if it focuses that area, then it should work fine. I look
forward to trying it out!

Thanks for all your help on our behalf.

Carol P
Sent from my iPhone using MBraille

On 3 Sep 2013, at 07:54 AM, a...@deftmethods.com wrote:

Hi Carol,

> I wonder if you know how many characters we can use in our review, having
> rated the app? I'd like to prepare this using MBraille beforehand so I can
> just paste it in after rating.

Thanks for looking into writing a review. It's much appreciated. I believe the
limit is pretty big: for example, it looks like it's 6000 characters if you're
writing a review using iTunes.

> I have been wondering if it's possible for us to have a blank puzzle/grid
> where we can input a puzzle that we may want to work on with a friend who
> already has it in front of them? I understand that this may not be possible
> to do
> but it would open up the possibility of interacting with sighted friends some
> more.

It's definitely possible, but it would be a lot of work to produce something
that's polished, accessible and easy to use. Unfortunately, have the time for
that work at the moment.

> Finally, I don't know if you can help some more with this but I'm still
> finding it tricky when changing a word. The problem comes when you want to
> take out some letters and leave others. The problem can arise once you've
> taken out a letter and then go to flick to the next one, or it may be when
> you've put in a letter and want to work your way past some more. I'm not
> explaining this very well and I apologise for this but maybe you'll get the
> gist. Basically, the word is so small that it is difficult to aim for that
> small area of the screen  when making corrections. I can try to explain this
> further if you wish, but I'll stop for the moment.

I think I understand the problem. When I was designing the VoiceOver support I
made the decision for the VoiceOver rotor to stay focussed on the keyboard as
you enter or delete letters. My thinking being that it would make it easy to
enter or delete another letter. However, I realise now that this makes it hard
to skip between letters as you have to find the word on the grid again so that
you can move the rotor. You can get to it by swiping, but it may take a lot of
swipes. I'm now wondering if it would be better if the rotor automatically
focussed on the next letter if you've just entered one, or the previous letter
if you've just deleted one. That would allow you to easily swipe forwards or
backwards through the word's letters. Hopefully, you'd still be able to easily
enter or delete another letter as it should be easy to find the keyboard on the
screen as it's nice and big and in a well-known location.

This is exactly the sort of thing I was hoping to get feedback on from
experienced VoiceOver users. Thank you. If you and others think the behaviour
that I've described above would be a good change to make I should be able to
tackle it for the next update.

Thanks again,
Andy