Hi Andrew,

I have seen apps where double tapping a button didn't work, but split
tapping did or even in some cases where I could only activate a button using
the passthrough gesture (double tap and hold, then tap again). However, you
said the button in Find my Friends doesn't even work when Voiceover is
turned off so that last suggestion most likely won't help.

I would first reboot my device which means turn it off completely, then
power it on again. If that doesn't help, I'd delete the app or apps where
you have problems and redownload/reinstall them and see if that helps. If
that doesn't help either, your next step should probably be to write to the
developers.

One last question, you aren't by any chance running iOS 7 Beta? If you are,
then that is most likely the problem at this point. There are always apps
which won't run properly in a new version of iOS especially a Beta and you
may just have to wait until the developers release an update which fixes
whatever the issues are. Since any sort of discussion about iOS 7 beyond
general information which Apple has already revealed in their June keynote
does not belong on this list, please write to me directly at
siegh...@live.ca if you have any further questions in that direction.