Hi Brian,

No, if you write any text in another app and it is on 2 or more lines, it
will all be on one line if you paste it into the phrase field when creating
a keyboard shortcut. I tried this before with the following:

Best regards,
Sieghard

I thought I could write this text in a text editor or copy it from an email
message, but when I tried it and then expanded it, it looked like this:

Best regards, Sieghard

Maybe at some point Apple will make it possible to have line breaks in the
phrase field of a keyboard shortcut, but remember it is supposed to be a
shortcut for common phrases not for entire paragraphs. I still find this
very handy for things like my various email addresses or even my first name
which has 8 letters and which I can type with 2 letters just as my first and
last name which has a 2-letter abbreviation.
I assume somebody could really go to town and enter braille contractions
like tm for tomorrow, AFN for afternoon, ALR for already etc. My problem is
that except for those really common things like my emails and so on, half
the time I don't remember I set up a keyboard shortcut.

Take care,
Sieghard