Hi Caitlyn,

Yes, you can use Skype to call regular phone numbers. You don't need Skype
Premium, but you will need to buy either Skype credit or a Skype
subscription.
The subscription for unlimited calling in North America (US and Canada) is
$2.95 a month, that's $35.40 a year. If you prepay for the entire year Skype
takes I think 15% off, so it works out to something like $30.09 or at least
close to that, just over $2.50 a month.

If you have a fast cable or ADSL connection you should have good voice/call
quality, of course I assume you will only use Skype for making calls and use
your mobile numbers to give to people so incoming calls will come to your
cell phones.

The Skype app is very accessible, only small inconvenience is that you have
to double or split tap the numbers on the keypad if you are manually dialing
out. I am not sure why VoIP apps can't have touch typing, if that is an
Apple restriction I hope they get rid of it some time, makes no sense to me.

OK, if you have more questions feel free to email me directly. Talking about
the Skype app is on topic, but starting a big discussion about Skype
subscriptions, PC compatibility and so on would not be on topic. I am also
in Canada and my direct email is siegh...@live.ca