Sorry, I should have changed the subject from the previous thread.
"Installing iOS 7" does not really reflect what Ray asked about regarding
using a Bluetooth keyboard in the Messages app, so I am reposting this.

Hi Ray and Chris,

First, I assume you are talking about text messages and not email messages
because I just used my Apple Wireless keyboard to start a new email and
added to recipiants, one by typing in the first few characters of a name and
then selecting it from the list and the other by selecting the "Add from
addressbook" button and selecting a second person. In the Mail app I was
able to use the right arrow on the keyboard after doing that to swipe to the
subject and message body field without any issues.

Now, in the Messages app I was not able to arrow past the "To" field or the
"Add from addressbook" button no matter whether I typed a few letters and
selected the contact from the search results or whether I selected the Add
from addressbook button and picked a person's mobile number from my
Contacts.

I could, however, touch the screen and put focus on the message field where
I could then type my message and, in fact, once focus was on that I was able
to left arrow back to the To field, the Add from addressbook button and also
arrow back forward.

If I opened an existing conversation and touched the screen on a previous
message I was able to arrow back and forth in that message, but not outside
it, Voiceover definitely behaves a bit strange here.
But, the iPhone after all is a touch screen device and while it's handy to
use a Bluetooth keyboard at times to type a longer message, I can still just
touch the screen to get where I want to be; if I exclusively want to
navigate with a Bluetooth keyboard without touching the screen then I would
seriously reconsider owning an iPhone.

I also found out that there is a simple work-around for getting from the
"To" field to the message field after adding a recipient or recipiants. Just
press Enter when you are in the "To" field and the cursor immediately jumps
to the message field where you can type your message, right arrow to the
"Send" button and activate it. I just tried the 2 obvious choices when I
noticed I couldn't right arrow ahead, first I pressed Tab and since that
didn't do anything I tried Enter and that worked fine.