Hi Christopher,
I don't believe it is true that Apple no longer supports iOS six. There are too
many devices out there that still use it. For example, the iPod touch
fourth-generation. I still have an old iPad that I can't upgrade past iOS 5
thanks to Apple. There are certainly apps I can't use anymore, but many many
apps still work fine on the iPad. So until I see something from Apple that says
they will no longer support iOS 6 at all, I'm not going to believe it.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone