Hi Alan,

Did you turn on Reduced Motion? You can also change pages by touching above
the task bar where it says "Page 1 of 3, adjustable (of course the second
number will reflect how many home pages you have). Then swipe up with one
finger. The main thing is to practice your 3-finger swipe to be already
started  when your fingers hit the screen, make it snappy and wait just a
moment before you touch the screen again.

Another way to get to an app on page 2 or 3 or whatever is to use
handwriting. I don't know if you know handwriting, but if you do you might
find this to be very efficient. I rarely even switch pages any more. I just
do a quick turn of the rotor which on my home screen will put it on
handwriting. Then, if for example I want Downcast which is on page 2, I
write a "d", at that point Voiceover says "4 apps" which means I have 4 apps
starting with D. I could now do a 2-finger swipe down to move through these
4 apps and double tap when I get to Downcast or I can write a second letter,
the "O", and now Voiceover says "1 App" followed by Downcast and all I have
to do is double tap.

This may sound complicated, but it really isn't. To me writing a letter is
one gesture, so opening Downcast means 4 gestures:

1. Turn rotor to handwriting
2. Write a D
3. Write an O
4. Double tap

If I go to page 2 with a 3-finger swipe, then even if I put my finger on
Downcast on the first try and double tap to open it, it still means I am
doing 3 gestures and if I miss it and have to swipe once or twice to get to
it then it's actually more gestures. I also have to press the home key twice
to get back to my first home screen, once to get out of the app and a second
time to get back to my first home screen.

Using handwriting to find apps really does work extremely well and if they
are in a folder I don't even have to remember which folder they are in and
I'm definitely saving myself taps and gestures.