Hi Wren,

I don't agree with the person who said the Lifeproof case is a "nice" case.
It is not bad, but I bought one for my 4S a couple of years ago and while it
does offer good protection (as does the Otterbox Defender) it find both the
case and the belt clip is too bulky for my taste and daily use.

I also find the audio is slightly distorted when the phone is properly in my
case with the headphone jack cover screwed in and it's a pain in the neck to
unscrew this and make sure I don't lose it every time I decide I want to
quickly plug in my headset. I guess it would be OK if somebody used a
Bluetooth headset/earpiece with it as their preferred way to use a headset,
but I just happen to like the apple Earpods better than any Bluetooth
headset I have seen and tried so far. I usually don't bother screwing in the
plug unless I really need that complete waterproofness and using their
waterproof headset connector is also not a good solution because if you use
it you can only use a headset.

Lastly, my Lifeproof case has not been used all that much, but the little
door that you close and snap into place after you made sure the case is
properly sealed all the way around is now starting to come off and at this
point my case would be no longer waterproof. I just noticed this last week
when I collected all my 4S accessories as I am getting ready to sell my
unlocked 4S 64 Gb am I have to call Lifeproof today and see if they would
consider this a warranty.

In conclusion I would say that if you really felt you needed a waterproof
case then the Lifeproof case is OK, but I would certainly check out other
options before I bought one for my 5S.