I find TapTapSee very handy. Mainly it identifies my money, and the plants
in the garden, thanks to RNIB who got this idea of find this App for us.
Ruby

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Christopher Chaltain
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 1:10 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: tap tap see picture information

TapTap See uses a combination of crowd sourcing and an object
recognition database. I assume if your picture keeps going to the object
recognition database, and doesn't make it to the crowd, then you'd get
the same response every time.Otherwise, you're right, it'll depend on
who in the crowd is identifying the picture.

On 10/21/2013 02:26 PM, Donna wrote:
> TapTap See uses crowd sourcing, so each time a picture is taken, one has a
50% chance of getting a different description of an object, even though the
pictures were taken within a couple minutes of each other.

> I have an iPhone 5. I used TapTap See to identify paper money earlier
today. My pictures were taken consecutively within seconds of each other.
The first reply came back as a $1 dollar bill. Thesecond reply came back as
a $1 US dollar bill. Both were correct. I see this.  Alot.

> Donna
>
> On Oct 21, 2013, at 2:34 PM, May and Noah <mcdonald....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hmm, thought about that, but then thought it was wrong thinking since
every time we checked my shirt with my phone got the same thing, just colour
and printed text.

>> Thanks for that answer though. Makes sense.
>>
>> May and Prince Noah
>> www.canadianlynx.ca
>>
>> On 2013-10-21, at 2:31 PM, "Neal Ewers" <neal.ew...@ravenswood.org>
wrote:

>>> Because part of what you are getting is crowd sourced and answered by
>>> different people who submit the description, you would likely get a
>>> different answer if you used the same phone and asked the same question
>>> twice.
>>>
>>> Neal

Behalf
>>> Of May and Noah
>>> Sent: Monday, October 21, 2013 12:41 PM
>>> To: viphone@googlegroups.com
>>> Subject: tap tap see picture information
>>>
>>> Hi again. I have yet another question that maybe someone has an answer
too.

>>> It's rather weird. I finally got tap tap see the other day and my bf and
>>> discovered something weird.
>>>
>>> Is there any reason that anyone could think of of why why my IPhone
which is
>>> a 4S will not give me the same information regarding a picture as my
bf's
>>> IPhone which is a 4? We took a pic of my college shirt that I know has
>>> writing on it. My phone would only tell me that it is a green printed
shirt
>>> and my bf's phone will tell me what the writing is.
>>>
>>> May and Prince Noah
>>> www.canadianlynx.ca

Google
>>> Group.