I have, yes. Running iOS 7.03 on an iPhone 4S, I find that unless you enable
the locking of the talk button in the app’s settings, sending messages doesn’t
work.
However, for some time now, the ability for VO users to lock the push to talk
key has been broken. So even when the setting is enabled, you still have to do
a double-tap and hold, and keep your finger held down, to transmit. The lock
feature was one of the main reasons I preferred Voxer over similar apps.
Message length is unlimited and you could lock the talk key and send really
long messages. They don’t seem in any hurry to address this, sadly, and they
are a case study in how not to use social media in my view. They’ll tweet
plenty of fluff about how wonderful people think their app is, but very seldom
engage with their users on anything useful like accessibility issues.
That said, I’ve not found anything to replace it yet so reluctantly stick with
it in the hope that the talk button lock will get fixed one day. I also hope
I’ll win the lottery one day. I’m just an optimist.
Jonathan Mosen
Mosen Consulting
Blindness technology eBooks, tutorials and training
http://Mosen.org