Richard,
Thanks for the advice. I have, in fact, been there, settings that is, but I
cannot seem to work out what to do once I am in the advanced tab. There doesn't
seem to be a lot of explanation going on, and I just can't seem to work out
what to do! Why, four example, are the boxes for move or archive dimmed? I
really could do with sorting this as so many mails in my inbox is slowing
everything up! I do remember there used to be a tab in Google on the website
once one had entered one's  account for organising mail, but that seems to be
gone now!

Aargh!
Sandy.

Sent from my iPhone