To find out where you are in your list of messages, do a three finger
swipe or down. VO will say, one to four of ten or however many
messages you have in your inbox. If you want to get to the top of the
list just lkeep swiping until you get there.

When you are inside a message and you want to return to the inbox,
double tap the button at the top left of the screen. It will be
labeled back or inbox or something to indicate its function.

You deselect an option simply by selecting something else. For
example, if focus is on delete, you can move focus to reply or do a
two finger flick to read the message or double tap the back button or
whatever you want to do.

I hope this is helpful.

Kimberly