This new 5S Lifeproof case is supposed to be thinner and add less bulk and
judging by the dimensions it’s not too bad although as far as thickness goes,
it still sounds pretty thick to me at just shy of a half inch. In millimeters
the iPhone 5S is I think 7.6 and the case is 12.4, so it’s basically 5mm
thicker. The sound is supposed to be better, too.

In any case, while I would like a waterproof case and will look for one again,
I don’t think I buy another Lifeproof case. I had one for my 4S and rarely used
it. Now after just over 1 year the bottom hinge which you close last to lock
the case and seal it is broken and Lifeproof insists that the warranty is 1
year so they can’t help me. They do offer the “back case assembly” which would
include this part for $30 on their website so I think given how little this
case was used and all that they probably could have kept me as a customer if
they had been a bit more generous and sent me that part, I would have even paid
a nominal $10 or $15 for shipping/handling.

The case and belt clip after all were $110 and I think this is extremely poor
customer service.

I had a look at the new case and the accessories, the case still is $80  and
the optional belt clip still is $30 (a rip-off). The other accessories are in
my opinion equally overpriced, $50 for an armband, $40 each for a suction cup
mount, a bike/handlebar mount and a “Life Jacket” which makes it float in case
you drop it in the water.

Then they offer a $10 “Total Waterproof Protection” plan for 1 year. However,
if you read the details this doesn’t actually entitle you to a replacement
should your phone get soaked in the case, no, it entitles you to give them
another $50 at which point they then will replace your phone and this for the
period of 1 year. I could of course be not stupid and buy SquareTrade insurance
for $94 for 2 years and get the same + more.

If somebody were to buy the Lifeproof case and all 5 accessories they would
spend $290, isn’t that amazing.

Sorry to those who have a Lifeproof case and like it, I never was impressed
with mine and now that I found out their customer service sucks, too, I
certainly doubt that I will buy another.