The only improvement I can see is, a better speaker. My younger brother has an iphone 5 and the speaker is so much better. I wished the ipod touch 5th generation had a speaker like the iphone!

-----Original Message----- From: Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, November 02, 2013 10:03 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: What is the current generation of the iPod touch?

If there were a sixth Gen iPod Touch it would have been announced 10 days
ago when Apple had their iPad and Mac event.
The current fifth generation of the iPod Touch really is hard to improve on
at this point except maybe with respect to the processor. It has the A5
processor which is the same as in the iPhone 4S and typically Apple would
not put the same processor in an iPod Touch as you would find in the top of
the line model of iPhone at the time which means the A7 processor. It was
even surprising to many that Apple put that into the iPad Mini.
At best an upgrade this year would have meant the iPod Touch might have come
out with the A6 processor, but apart from that last year's upgrade already
included most of the good stuff and in any case, the iPod Touch often has
been on a 2-year cycle. The current model already has the new form factor
with a 4" retina screen, a 5 MP Eyesight rear camera with flash, a front
camera for Facetime and Skype, it has Bluetooth 4.0 and simultaneous 2.4 and
5 GHz 802.11N WiFi and it has SIRI.
If somebody wants an iDevice but is not ready for an iPhone or an iPad or
iPad Mini, then the fifth generation iPod Touch is an excellent deviceand
it's much closer in specs to an iPhone than was the case with the third
generation iPod Touch or even the fourth generation.