From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of M. Taylor
Sent: Sunday, November 03, 2013 1:56 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: getting turn-by-turn walking directions with Apple Maps

Hi Anna,

You know, it's funny, I've never intentionally locked the screen when using
any GPS app.

I'll take a short walk tomorrow and test it out, as I am certain you will
do, as well.

The only GPS application that continues to give turn-by-turn navigation, in
the background at least, that I've used is A T & T Navigator.

I did install Google Maps on my phone a while ago but found that I prefer A
T & T Navigator and the native iOS GPS solutions.  My biggest issue with
Google Maps is that there is no "Repeat" button.  So, unless you are
sighted, there is no way to either confirm or have the TTS repeat its last
instruction.

Despite countless request for this feature, as far as I know, Google has not
addressed this issue.

As a side note, about 3 months ago I created a route on both my iPhone 4 S
and my Android phone both using Google Maps.  I wanted to see if there was
any significant difference in the app's performance.

So, I started out on my route with Android in one pocket and iOS in the
other.  They were virtually identical.  As I traveled, it felt as though I
were hearing the instructions in stereo from two twins sisters.  It was a
lot of fun.

Mark