Hi,
You sure your ipad is not ffreaze but the problme with VO?
After i upgraded from 7.02 to 7.03 via air update, my ipad starts to freaze up
every couple of day.
I knew it because i can see that regardlss of what i do, or pressing home
button, the ipad just refuse to respond.
If that is the case, try restore your  ipad using itunes on the computer. and
boot it as a new device.
when it froze, press and hold the home button and the power button for 15 to 30
second. you should heard a click indicating that your ipad is off. wait for 30
seconds or so, and turn it on like usual.

As far as your pc is concern, i will suggest you download NVDA as a screen
reader back up for jaws.
hope this help

Regards

Joanne Chua
The flip side of Inclusion is Exclusion.
Leaders For Tomorrow 2013 Candidate
Send from my iPad