TapTapSee has been offering the service for free for a significant length of
time. VizWiz continues to offer the service for free. People prefer TapTapSee
because it is quicker and more consistent. However, for this premium service,
TapTapSee has been paying the cost out of their own pocket. In other words, we
blind people have been accepting charity from them. Well, the free lunch is
over.

Now, TapTapSee has continuous, ongoing costs around every picture they process.
They now need the end-user to help support these ongoing costs.

In other words, it ultimately is the blind person's fault and responsibility if
the blind person cannot take pictures of the objects. It is solely the blind
person's responsibility to acquire the knowledge to start taking usable
pictures. None of us lives in a vacuum. We all have sighted people around us.
Considering that only one out of every one thousand people has no vision
whatsoever, it is the blind person's fault if said person is unable to find the
courage in him or her self to ask for this sort of assistance.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
Sent from my iPhone