Just wanted to throw my two cents in as well. I am having the same bicker
issue. Although it is in quite a few apps not just Bard

On Nov 11, 2013, at 5:05 PM, "Jen Colley" <jen.col...@shaw.ca> wrote:

What is interesting is I have an Ipod 4th gen with voice over and ios 6.01 and
the picker item on bard works just fine.  I think it has something to do with
ios 7 but since I’m not that technical I don’t want to say that’s the complete
problem.
It’s just my observation but I too hope they can get it sorted out.
Jen

From: Arnold Schmidt
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2013 5:35 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Is there a way to get around not being able to use the picker item
in the bard app

I have played around with this picker item on the bard app, and have, more or
less, gotten it to work, after a fashion.  The following  are my observations,
I don't know that any of them will help in your case.

When you first start flicking upward from the beginning, that is when it is at
its worst.  If you can get through the first several items, it seems to settle
down and work properly, or at least, better.  Sometimes, when it looses focus,
I can touch, in the center of the screen but nearer the bottom, almost in a
line with the home button, and it will go back maybe to the previous button.  I
have never had it go back to the picker item itself, but it is easy enough to
flick around and find it.  Once you find the picker item, it still is where you
left it, so you can continue in whichever direction you were going.  If it
really goes far away when it looses focus, remember that it is on page 2 or 3,
depending on which one you are using.  So, do a three-finger swipe (usually
down) to get back to the general area, then flick around and find it.  When you
finally find what you want, the done button is always one flick to the left of
the picker.  It definitely is one of the harder pickers to use on my iPhone, I
hope they can get it to work better.  I am sorry that nobody brought this up
during the beta test, at least, I don't remember anybody bringing it up.

Of course, this is much easier to use on the pc, and I would imagine, on the
Mac.  I don't use these pickers, combo boxes, whatever, on the NLS site very
much, but I think that if I had some serious looking to do and wanted to use
one of them a lot in a short time, or if what I were looking for is near the
end of the alphabet, I would come to my computer to do it.

Arnold Schmidt