From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Esther
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2013 3:15 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Where to? IOS navigation app is on sale today for $0.99 (November
11, 2013)

Hi All,
"Where To?" is on sale today for $0.99 "for a very limited time", reduced
from $2.99.  This is one of my favorite apps for POIs. I love the feature
they added two years ago for VoiceOver users where you get live updating on
direction and distance to a POI from the "Details" screen of the POI you
selected from your search. Where To? was the first of the POI helper apps
that let you send destination addresses directly to other navigation apps
like Navigon, TomTom, Google Maps, Apple Maps, Motion X GPS Drive, Hop Stop,
etc. (You can double tap the "Navigate" button for that POI to send the
address to a routing app of your choice.)

I also routinely use "Where To?" as a simple way to send addresses in my
contacts to these navigation apps.  While the search button on the main
screen is meant to let you either search for a POI in your search area by
name and/or address, or to input the location you want to search around,
it's also set up so you can flick to a "Bookmarks" button in the input
field, double tap, and access your Contacts in the normal way (including a
table index at the right for faster access). If you select a contact with an
address and double tap it, you also have the ability to send that address to
a routing app by simply double tapping the "Add button" in the bottom right
corner of the screen. (This is also the last element on the screen, so you
can navigate there with a four finger tap on the bottom half of the screen,
if you find that easier, then double tap to select it.). The "Routing Apps"
screen will list any navigation apps on your device that can accept the
address information, followed by a list of app store links to other
navigation apps that will accept its addresses below that.  Just flick to
the "Route" button for the app you want and double tap, and that navigation
app will launch with the address passed in.  I find the POI selections and
information from Where To? better than in Navigon and many other similar
navigation apps, and the ability to send addresses from my contacts without
typing in any addresses is also a plus.  If you actually want to search for
POIs around your contact address, instead of routing your address to a
navigation app, just double tap again to get back to the main screen, since
focus will be on the "Back" button, select your search category, and run
your search. Your results will be shown for the search location address
selected from your contacts. Switch to "list" viewing ("list" button just
above the "Home" button at the bottom of the screen) for most convenient
display mode.

You also have the option of switching the language used for the app's
screen, provided this is one of the languages in your language selection.
For example, if I use this app in France or Quebec, I might want to have the
search categories in French even if my iPhone is set to English.  I can set
this for "Where To?" in the  main Settings app, by changing "Categories"
from "System Language" to a specific language, like "French".

Works internationally, but most of East Asia, except for Japan, is not
covered, and only parts of Africa, I think.  Europe, North and South
America, Australia, etc. are well covered.

This is a great app.  It usually only goes on sale for about a day. Here's
the app store URL:
. Where To? -- Discover your next destination using GPS (on sale for $0.99,
usually $2.99) by FutureTap GmbH
https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/where-to-gps-points-interest/id314785156?mt=
8

HTH.  Cheers,