Hi all. I want to thank everyone who posted info to try and help me with my
speaker problem. Here is what I found out and here is what the fix is. I am
sure a lot of you knew this and I probably should have known this and maybe my
question wasn't very clear so I wanted to post this in case someone else had
this problem come up. Ok, here is what I now know.
There are 2 sets of high quality voices. One set for the iPhone voiceover and
one set for SIRI. There is a toggle switch to turn the high quality voices on
and off for the voiceover but there is no such toggle switch for SIRI. Both
sets of voices have to be downloaded to the phone before you can hear the
difference.What has to happen is that you have to be connected to WI FI and
plugged in to a wall charger or charger source before the SIRI high quality
voice will download. Before this is downloaded the voice will sound pretty
robotic.
How I fixed this is that I plugged in to a charger source, and made sure I was
connected to WI FI. I then went to settings/general,siri I then went to
language selection and changed it to Chinese. You can change it to any other
language other than US English and it will probably work. When I saved that and
went back to the main SIRI screen, I then went back in to language and selected
US English this time. When I went back to the previous screen again, the high
quality SIRI voice was downloading and within a couple of minutes I had the
great quality voice that I was used to.
So, just know that these don't come standard downloaded to a new phone and they
are supposed to download in the background when connected to wi fi and plugged
in but sometimes they don't. Anyway, this is kind of a way to force the
download. Hope this helps someone so after all my swapping of phones, etc, I
have found that it wasn't my iPhone speaker after all. Go figure.

Brent