From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Joanne Chua
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 2:24 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Cc: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Experience Descriptive Audio at the Theater with a New iOS App

Hi,
First at all, i haven't try the app fully to the extend that to get it
playing either AD or Sub Title.
However, when you go to setting, choose your country.
So far, about 15 minutes ago, the countries are, France, Australia, Ita,
Germany, Spain, UK, US, and Sweden.
The sub title languages  that you can select so far are Eng,  Germ,  Ita,
Fr, Sp and Sw.I guess, it also depending on the ability of the sub title on
that specific language for the sub title for a specific movie as well.
I'm quite surprise that Canada is not on the list. Perhaps, Canadian can
select US, and NZ people can select Australia?
I hope the app will be available for more country and more languages.
Indeed, Chinese will be the next on my wishlist for this app.
It seems there are lots of potential for the app.

Joanne Chua
The flip side of Inclusion is Exclusion.
Leaders For Tomorrow 2013 Candidate
Send from my iPad

<kirsten.edmond...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Very sad that this is not available in the UK! It sounds amazing! Just
what we need!

> Kirsten
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 20 Nov 2013, at 01:38, Joanne Chua <shuang.an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> For your information.
>>
>> Regards
>> Joanne
>>
>> Experience Descriptive Audio at the Theater with a New iOS App
>> MovieReading Article link:
>> http://blindbargains.com/bargains.php?m=9923
>>

>> Posted by Alena Roberts today 5:45 PM ET blindbargains.com
>>
>> Many theaters around the country are starting to offer the visually
>> impaired the option of listening to the descriptive audio track while
>> they're watching a film. Sadly though, this technology is not
>> available everywhere, and sometimes it doesn't work. The team at
>> Solo-DX wants to make the experience better by having the blind
>> film-goer use a smart phone app to listen to the descriptive audio
>> track instead. Last week, I had the opportunity to test out the new
>> MovieReading app. The interface is very simple. Once you're logged
>> in, you visit the Marketplace, download the descriptive audio track
>> for the film you're going to go see at your theater, and than start
>> the track when your film begins. The app will listen to the audio in
>> the theater and sync the audio track with where the film is so that
>> the user doesn't have to try and match the two tracks themselves. to
>> test the app, I downloaded the Princess Bride track and then watched
>> some Youtube clips from the film. In all three cases, the sync option
>> worked perfectly. The MovieReading app's latest version is expected
>> to be released before November 22nd, the opening day of the film
>> "Philomena" which will be the first movie to use the app's new
>> features. MovieReading is currently available on iOS, and they hope
>> to have an Android version soon. Pasted below is a press release from
>> Solo-DX about the MovieReading app and "Philomena".
>>
>> As exclusive U.S. partners with Universal Multimedia Access,
>> Hollywood Access Services is releasing Solo-Dx on MovieReading, the
>> first ever auto-syncing audio description app available for first-run
>> movies. The debut title on this exciting new platform will be The
>> Weinstein Company¹s Philomena, in theaters November 22. Using
>> acoustic fingerprinting technology, this new auto-syncing method will

Google Group.