Having now seen more than probably 20 messages on this app I thought it was time to have a look for myself. So, I went to the app store and downloaded "eyenote", proper spelling. As has been mentioned before, when you load the app, a blank screen is encountered. So, before opening the app, go in to settings and find the app there. Open the settings for that app and you will find a button which is labeled "show settings" off. Tap on this button to turn "show settings on." On the screne, below "show settings on" is another button which says "privacy spoken button." If you tap on this button you will be presented with three choices, and they are "spoken", "tone" and "vibrate." If you choose one, other than "spoken, such as "tone" or "vibrate", then it will be selected. At the point where you have made your selection, use the back button to move out of that section of the app. You will actually need to go back, twice to actually get out of the app. So, then go to the page where the app has been placed and open the app. When you then open the app, you will be presented with a screen which has three choices at the bottom, "speak", "tone" and "vibrate. The item which you have selected will announce that it has been selected which means you can change your selection if you want too. Now, remove a bill from your wallett or pocket and place it on a flat surface or in your hand, unfolded. Pick up your phone and hold it approximately 1 foot, twelve inches above the bill, attempting to keep it in the same plain as the bill, that is to say, level. At that point you should hear the phone announce the denomination of the bill and whether or not you are seeing the front or the back. And, please remember, this app was developed through the Bureau of Engraving and Printing in the United States so probably will not work with foreign currency.

Hope this has been helpful.

Fred Olver
----- Original Message ----- From: "MamaPeach" <mamape...@charter.net>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 21, 2013 6:56 AM
Subject: Re: New EyeNote

Please give instructions on using this app, because when I open the app, VoiceOver reads absolutely nothing.

-----Original Message----- From: Christopher Chaltain
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2013 4:09 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com

I don't see the original question below, but you can get to the settings
for eyenote by going into the iPhone's Settings and finding the eyenote
app in the list near the bottom. You can toggle having the settings
buttons in the eyenote app itself and you can configure how eyenote
identifies the bills, e.g. spoken, beeps or vibrations.