Merry Christmas Wayne,
If you start experimenting in the custom screen, you will be pleasantly
surprised.
Your example of having an event repeat Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, you would
have the number in the first column 1, then flick up on where it says day, to
change it to weeks, then flicck right and double-tap on the days, Monday,
Wednesday and Friday.
Hit done or back, I don't recall right now which it is on that screen.
You now have an event that will show up three times each week.
As you change one column, if you flick around, you will find other options
appear.
You can do just about any combination you can think of.
HTH,

Richard
(Sent from Richard's iPod Touch 5th gen)