From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Cristóbal
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 8:05 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: accessible fitness tracker or iOS app for a stationary bike

Hello list,

So I’ve got a recumbent exercise bike and while a lot of the features aren’t
accessible to me, I use it fine through the manual quickstart setting and
adjust tention as I go. My sighted wife when she’s around will give me the
rundown on distance, heart rate and whatnot, but if she’s not around, then
I’m clueless as to what my progress is. The best I can do is use the stop
watch on my iPhone to measure my time.

In any event, I was wondering if anyone knew of a fitness tracking device
that will indeed work with stationary bikes or at least an app such as
i-treadmill for walking with the iPhone? I’ve poked around online, and from
what I’ve found, the FitBit forums aren’t very encouraging as to the
feasibility of trying out one of those devices with a stationary bike. Some
folks talk about clipping it on to their shoe and getting so-so results that
way, but I’m not convinced. That and the whole accessibility issue with the
device or its associated iPhone app.

I can’t recall fitness trackers being discussed too much on this list
either.

Anyway, I just thought I’d ask if anyone is using any sort of app on their
phone that can track stationary bike usage or of there is in fact an
accessible fitness tracker out there that could accomplish this.

Thanks,