Although zipping a folder makes a lot of sense, it would seem strange to me to zip up individual MP3 files. MP3 files are already compressed, so there won't be a lot of savings in size.

On 01/16/2014 05:19 AM, Brett wrote:
If zipping a folder works, that's great.

If it doesn't work, its quite easy to zip a lot of files at once. If all
the files are in a folder, go in to the folder, then press control plus
A, to select all. Then press the context key or shift F10 and choose the
zip option that will appear in the pop-up menu. I can't remember its
exact label off the top of my head, but it will be obvious.

Hope this helps if zipping a folder doesn't work.

Sent with Siri from Brett's iPhone

On 16 Jan 2014, at 8:26 pm, "Pablo Morales" <pablomorale...@gmail.com
<mailto:pablomorale...@gmail.com>> wrote:

well, is better zipping a folder than zipping hundreds of chapters. I
will try zipping a folder, I can't zip all those mp3 one by one.
Thanks
Pablo

    ----- Original Message -----
    *From:* alia robinson <mailto:ali...@gmail.com>
    *To:* viphone@googlegroups.com <mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com>
    *Sent:* Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:06 PM
    *Subject:* Re: audio books and voice dream

    worked fine for me zipping a folder.

    Alia
    On Jan 15, 2014, at 9:43 AM, Richard Turner
    <richard.turne...@gmail.com <mailto:richard.turne...@gmail.com>>
    wrote:

    You want to zip the files, not a folder.  Make sure they are
    named sequentially so Voice Dream knows to treat each file as a
    chapter.
    The name of the zip file will become the name of the book.
    I have an abridged reading of the Hobbit and I made sure each
    file has a leading 0 for single digit numbers, 01, 02, etc.
    followed by a name.
    I zipped the 20 files into a zip file called The Hobbit.
    When Voice Dream imported it, I had the book title and each
    chapter in order.
    HTH,

    "VIPhone" Google Group.

    Post a new message to VIPhone by emailing viphone@googlegroups.com