Hi
in answer to the question can all apps be used with Siri? Sort of. You can ask Siri to open an app, otherwise only dictation will be available.

Regards Chris

On 18/01/2014 20:29, Chris H wrote:
Hi
here is one TextMe which is free.

Regards Chris

On 18/01/2014 20:09, Richard Turner wrote:
You can send an iMessage to another apple user with Siri.
There are apps that allow you to text to non-apple phones.
If you search in the app store for texting, or text messages you
should find
lots.
Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf
Of Donald L. Roberts
Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2014 11:41 AM
To: Viphone
Subject: iPod fifth gen and text messages

Is it possible to create a text message on the iPod fifth generation
using Siri and then send it?  I realize that I could install Skype, key
in the text message, and then send it via Skype, but I need to know
whether there is any way, not necessarily using Skype, to create and
send a text using Siri. I want to avoid using programs such as Viber
which I believe require the recipient also to be running Viber.

Thanks in advance for feedback.

Don Roberts

.