  From: Sieghard Weitzel
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Monday, January 27, 2014 1:21 PM
  Subject: RE: blocking calls

  Hi Bill and Isaac,

  Yes, blocked callers still reach your iPhone, but as you experienced, they
are directly forwarded to voice mail. To me it is obvious that this would have
to be so since it is an iOS feature and not a carrier feature. Apple is a big
and probably influential company, but not every carrier in the world would
immediately block all the numbers every iPhone user puts on their blocked
caller list. That would mean Apple would somehow communicate this list to
whoever your carrier is and they would have to block these numbers at the
switch level at no cost to the user.