Hi Sieghard, I was wanting a player to play albums in my dropbox app, Billy

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: 29 January 2014 15:54
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: audio players recommendations?

Billy,

As Chris already pointed out, the Music app that comes with iOS will play
the entire album. You can view your music by Playlists, Artists, Songs,
Albums and there is also a More tab on the right where you have options like
Genres, Compellations, Composers and, if you have Audio Book synced to your
phone you have an Audio Book option here, too.

If you select albums, you see a listing of all your albums in alphabetical
order.
At the top left is a Store button which takes you to the iTunes Store.

At the top right is the Now Playing button which takes you to the Now
Playing screen where the album art is displayed. If you go there at the top
right is a Track List button which shows you all the tracks of the album
that you are currently playing. You have your play progress indicator which
shows the length of the song and your current position, this is a slider and
you can flick up and down to go forward or back by approx 10% jumps relative
to the length of the song. For example, if a song is 4 minutes long (240
seconds) flicking up or down will move forward or back by about 24 seconds.
At the bottom right above the home key is your volume slider, above that are
Play in the middle, Previous on the left and Next on the right. To the right
of the volume slider is a "Repeat" button which, if you toggle it on will
repeat the currently playing song. Flick right on more time and you find a
Shuffle All button at the very bottom right which shuffles your entire music
collection and plays it randomly.

OK, now back to the album list.

If you swipe right from the Now Playing button, You are on a search field.
You can double tap and enter the name of an album or part of a name and the
list of results is displayed. If, for example, you enter "Greatest" you will
see only all your albums which are "Greatest Hits" albums.
Swipe right one more time and you are on the table index which you can also
get to by touching the very right edge of the touch screen. Here you can
flick down to go down the alphabet, so if, for example, you were looking for
the album "Lover Over Gold" from Dire Straits, you could quickly flick down
to "L" and now all the albums which start with "L" are displayed. You can
also double tap and hold, then drag your finger down the table index and
very quickly get to the lower letters of the alphabet. Of course this table
index is present in many apps where you have large lists, like Contacts.

Flick right one more time and you are on "A", the first letter of the
alphabet and this is a heading. If you continue to flick right you get the
first album which starts with "A", in my case this is "Abbey Road" by the
Beatles. Note that "A" is a heading. This means you could also turn your
rotor to headings and flick down to get to "b", "c", "D" etc.

Let's assume I want to list to Abbey Road. I just double tap on it and the
album opens.
The album name is now displayed as a heading across the top. On the very top
right is once again your Now Playing button which quickly takes you back to
your Now Playing screen.
Flight right and you are on a search box, here you could search for a song
although since most albums contain only 10 or 12 songs I find it just as
easy to drag my finger down the screen over the list of tracks/songs and
find it that way.
Flick right one more time and you are on the album art which Voiceover says
is an image.
Another flick right and you once again hear the album title as a heading.
Flick right and Voiceover tells me there are 12 tracks in this album.
Another flick right and Voiceover tells me the year thealbum was recorded,
in this case it is 1969.
Another flick right and you are on a Shuffle button. If you double tap this
only the songs from this album are shuffled.
Now another flick right will put you on the first song of the album. If you
double tap that song will play and when it is finished the second song will
play and it will continue to play the entire album in order unless you
pressed Shuffle.
Of course as soon as you double tap on Shuffle or the first song the Now
Playing screen will open with the playback controls.
If you did press Shuffle and you now check at the very bottom right of the
Now Playing screen, you will find that Voiceover tells you that "Shuffle
All" is "selected".

If you double tap the "Artists" tab you will see an alphabetical list of all
artists. Voiceover will also tell you how many albums and songs you have for
each artist.
The songs tab will show you all your songs individually in alphabetical
order, again you have a search box and table index.

I find the native Music app very easy to use and powerful. The only thing I
think should be possible is to delete entire albums or artists. Currently
this is not possible, however, you can delete songs individually by flicking
down on then and then double tapping. The action rotor is active once you
are in a song listing and you can delete them just as you delete emails.

Hopt this helps,