I should have also mentioned that some apps have a free or lite version with a limited feature set that you can try out before you buy. Other apps may also be free and require an in app upgrade to unlock more features.

I too would like to see a try before you buy feature in the App Store, which Apple has implemented in some geographies due to local laws, but it is what it is, and I'm sure Apple has numbers to demonstrate that they lose more sales with a try before you buy option than they do with their all purchases are final policy.

On 01/30/2014 09:08 PM, Jim Ruby wrote:
Wow, well guess I'll stick to the free apps for now. It is to bad apple
don't have some sort of trial period. They will lose some sales from me
because of this.

Thanks for your reply.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Alex Hall
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2014 4:23 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: trying out apps

Nothing like that exists. Sometimes, if an app is inaccessible, you can
contact Apple and they will provide a refund. Usually, though, especially if
the app is usable but not what you were hoping for, no refund is issued.
Apple generally considers all sales to be final, and only sometimes grants
exceptions.

--
Have a great day,
Alex