  From: Sieghard Weitzel
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Monday, February 03, 2014 8:09 PM
  Subject: RE: Installing The New ITunes Question

  Arnold,

  Installing iTunes won't delete any of your music or other content and in
fact, once you reinstall it, all your music and everything including backups
should be there.

  However, if your iTunes did not install and you are getting this missing DLL
error, you also have to uninstall Apple Application Support, Apple Mobile
Device Support and the Bonjour Apple Inc program. To be on the safe side I
would also remove Apple Software Update.

  I don't think it matters much in which order you uninstall them and when you
do a fresh iTunes install all of these will be put back.

  I guess I got lucky because my iTunes updated fine on my laptop and one of my
desktops at work.

  Good luck,

  Sieghard