Correct as well as calendar contacts etc. Personally I turned all but mail off.

Regards Chris

On 08/02/2014 02:55, Alan Lemly wrote:
I found this setting under Mail, Contacts, Calendars and in my Gmail line
item in the page that opened. Apparently, the default when setting up a
Gmail account is to turn on the setting which causes Notes to automatically
link to your Gmail account.

Alan Lemly

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Chris H
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2014 1:24 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Spooky

Hi
check out notes in the settings app on your iPhone.

Regards Chris

On 07/02/2014 19:07, Robin Christopherson wrote:
Dear listers

Who can explain this weirdness? I recently set up my Gmail account on a
Win 8 machine in Windows Live Mail (it has a nice smart setup so when you
put in the details of a Gmail account it automatically finds all your server
settings etc) and then, completely unrelatedly, took a note on my iPhone in
a meeting using the Notes app. As far as I'' am concerned the two are
completely unrelated but nonetheless when I next looked at my Gmail in
Windows Live Mail a new folder called Notes had appeared with my note in it
just like magic. It was like an email but with no sender address in it and
the subject line was the note's contents.

Isn't this super-weird? Or at least I can't fathom it at all. Gmail has
nothing to do with either Microsoft or Apple. iCloud doesn't connect them
and neither does Exchange or any of the other stuff I've got going on on
both devices. Note that this new Notes folder is a sub-folder of the Gmail
folder so is somehow being brought in by the Gmail IMAP account and is
reaching into my iPhone and grabbing a note from my Notes app.

Ooooh - spooky!

Thanks - Robin.