Try resetting all network settings by going to settings general reset reset network settings. Do this on one or both devices and see if this helps.

Regards Chris

On 15/02/2014 19:31, Wayne Merritt wrote:
Greetings. My wife and I are having trouble connecting to my in-law's
wifi network. I have an iPhone 5 and she has a 4. We have tried
restarting our phones,and I have deleted the network and then rejoined
it. I also tried disconnecting the ethernet cable from the router,
waiting 30 seconds, and then connecting again with no change. I am
fairly certain that the wifi is not working since I have tried
updating apps in the App Store, and when I start the updating and then
return 10 to 15 minutes later, the apps have not updated. And the app
update is about 10 MB in size, so it shouldn't take any time at all if
on wifi. Even though the status bars on our phones say that we are
connected, I don't think we really are. Anyone have any ideas? Other
devices in my in-law's house connect just fine, like the computers and
laptops.

Thanks bunch,
Wayne Merritt