Hi,
If you have the 5s, then Google maps is quite good and free.
Granted, the maps are on their server, but it doesn't really use a ton of data.
Mapquest is also free and quite accessible, where Navigon costs anywhere from
$30 to  $60 depending on which package you go with, then you have the issue of
updating maps.
Navigon is the best option for iPod Touch users in my opinion, but with the 5s
you don't really need to have the maps onboard your device. Plus, having the
maps on a server, means you always have the most recent maps.
Also, of course, the Apple Maps app is also accessible and free.
I don't use it that much myself because I prefer the interface of Blind Square
plus Google maps.
But that is a matter of personal preference.
Blind Square, for what it does, is well worth the one time price tag, again in
my opinion.
HTH,
Richard

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be
nothing." - Aristotle