Hello everyone,

As my subject line says I am quite surprised that the news of Fleksy finally
becoming an option for app developers to use for inputing information in their
apps has not been talked about on this list yet. Is it because a lot of us have
decided that because the makers of Fleksy have sort of turned their backs on
the blindness community by abandoning their initial claims of making a
revolutionary on screen keyboard solution that the blind can use to speed up
their typing on an touch screen device? In my opinion I find this decision
deplorable but if there is a solution that is out there such as the one that
they offer in Fleksy VO that can make my life easier when it comes to using an
on screen keyboard then I will use it, and now that more apps will be updating
and making use of the Fleksy SDK that just came out of beta today, I will
probably use it even more often than I have been.

I have written a blog post on this subject that I invite you all to read in
which you can read the Fleksy press release if you like and I even link to
Jonathan' Mosen's blog post on the subject of Fleksy VO as well.

Please if you have a few minutes go give it a read and then let me know what
you think. I really do want to get everyone's opinion on this, even the
negative ones. It will all help me to understand what it is that iOS users will
find interesting and want to read.

Here is the link:

http://www.fedoraoutlier.com/breaking-news-fleksy-becomes-first-alternative-keyboard-ios/

Scott Rumery

Whatever happens keep your sense of humor