From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Raul A. Gallegos
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2014 9:33 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Using iTunes to Upgrade a Phone in Recovery Mode

hello Alan. First off, yes it's possible to get speech on from iTunes.
Second, if the iPhone has been backed up, then it's safe to proceed with
the update even if it gives you the warning that the world will end and
the phone will be erased back to factory defaults.

As to what causes this, it's really a number of things. I've seen this
when upgrading jailbroken phones to a new software version, or when
upgrading a phone and it skips iOS versions.

Good luck.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
I can't live without y?o?u?. TEA. Bazinga! - Sheldon Cooper