Hmm, what can I say about the Focus 14 Blue that I've had for 6 weeks?
Well, the question of why I didn't get one sooner comes to mind. Grin.
Anyway, I love my Focus 14 Blue. Unlike other displays, it has a lot
of controls and buttons that lets you control all aspects of using the
display wirelessly with an iOS device. You can even use the selector
button to answer/hang up calls and start and stop media, which I often
do. At times I have wished for more Braille cells, but more cells
means greater price, and this little unit is plenty big enough and
very portable. My only complaints so far have been the standard case
that comes with it, since the fasteners for the shoulder strap are on
the top of the case, where the flap folds back underneath verses in
the back. Also the sides are exposed to the elements. I have toyed
with the idea of getting an Executive Products case for the Focus 14,
but that's $50, so we'll have to see when the budget allows for it. I
do have minor issues with the auto translation being on, which when
you stop typing, whatever you have written is instantly translated.
The downside is that if you are in the middle of writing a word or
phrase and you hesitate, that is automatically tranlsated. Though that
feature can be turned off, I find it very covenient to write in
contractions and can live with the short comings. All in all, I love
my Focus 14. I have and do use it to read files in Dropbox, read books
in iBooks, play iAssociate 2 (aword associations game), go through
tweets, and other things. If I don't want to bother others, I can mute
the phone, mute the Voiceover speech and sounds, and then leave the
phone in my pocket.

If you are seriously considering getting a display, I would definitely
encourage you to take some for test drives. Find a local dealer of the
products or go to a blindness conference and look at some demo models
on display. Don't buy sight unseen, so to speak. Yes, you could get a
refund within 30 days after, but these devices cost too much to buy
without looking at one. Think of it like a sighted person taking a car
for a test drive before buying, rather than just pointing at one and
saying, "I'll take that one." I took someone's word on a display a
number of years ago that vocational rehab got for me. I still got a
lot of use out of it, but found there were some things that I didn't
expect and didn't appreciate as much. Also, read the articles and
posts on AppleVis. There's a lot of content out there that reviews and
goes over the high and low points and features of these displays.

One other thing: I realize that not all local/regional dealers do
this, but the dealer I ordered mine from did not charge me shipping
when they sent it from their office to me. This may not be big, but
when the unit itself costs $1,295 every bit counts.

Hth,
Wayne

Follow me on Twitter at:
www.twitter.com/wcmerritt