Hi Christine,

Turn off iTunes Match, and then open the Music app. Then connect your phone to
your computer and set syncing as you wish. The music you want will be copied to
your phone.

Once that music is on your phone, turn on iTunes Match and open the Music app
again. After some time for setup, you'll find that the music you loaded is
still there, but you'll also have download buttons available for downloading
your other music if you want to.

Best,
Anna