From: Sieghard
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2014 9:06 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Cc: jibberjabber2...@talktalk.net
Subject: Re: Questions Regarding Airplay Speakers

Hi Jim,

I can't tell you anything about other than Sonos, but I highly recommend Sonos
especially since they are actively working on accessibility right now. The
Sonos iOS app has always been accessible, but it has some unlabeled buttons and
some things I found are certainly not as intuitive as they could be. I can't
comment on details since I am an official Beta Tester, but I can say that they
are working on significant improvements and overall Sonos is awesome and has
lots of great features. While the Play 1, Play 3 and Play 5 are basically
stand-alone boombox type players, they are also more in that you can expand the
system later on with additional players and all of their stuff of course is
compatible. Having said that, I should mention that at this point the Sonos
players are not actually Airplay enabled. You can play content from whatever
music you have on your iPhone as the Sonos app can access the music on your
phone. You should think of the iPhone with the Sonos app as a remote or
controller for the Sonos multi-room music system which is capable of playing
music from it's own library, from most of the major services like Spotify,
Slacker, Sirius (subscription is required for that) and depending on which
ZonePlayer you have you can also hook up an external source like a CD player
and play from it. Of course since your Sonos player is also connected to the
internet you can also play any of the thousands or maybe tens of thousands of
free internet radio stations which are out there.

If, however, you want true Airplay functionality you currently have to use
something like an Airport Express which has to be physically connected to a
Zoneplayer with component input so essentially you are sending your stream to
the Airport Express via Airplay and it gets fed into your Sonos system that way.

Good luck,
Sieghard