I've been a Mac user since 2008, switching over from a Windows-based
system. Soon thereafter, I got an iPod Touch, which was followed by an
iPhone. I'm an Apple guy, through and through. Happily.

My question: I've been thinking about adding an iPad to the mix. Are there
folks out there who've been down a similar road who have found, at the end
of the day, that they don't much use their iPad? There's stuff I use my
MacBook Air for -- most of what I do, in fact -- but lots of other uses I
have for my iPhone. I've imagined that an iPad might sort of be an
in-between device, its larger screen (and extended keyboard) allowing me
more flexibility for writing, etc.

Am I being foolish to think this? Or have folks who've been used to a Mac
and an iPhone found that an iPad is a useful addition?

I'd like to get one, but I don't want to waste my money if it wouldn't make
sense.

Thanks for any help you might give me with this.

-- Howard