*From:*viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] *On Behalf Of *Christopher J Chaltain
*Sent:* Sunday, April 27, 2014 9:43 AM
*To:* viphone@googlegroups.com
*Subject:* Re: Solution to sending text with videos and Pictures

I can't see the entire thread below, so I apologize if I'm missing anything, but the iPhone is plenty usable even with cellular data turned off. For example, you can use SIRI and iMessaging over wifi, just as you can use these features on the iPod and the iPad. I'm not sure why you say you need cellular data for these features. I'd assume that with wifi and the cellular radio turned on (which you need for calls and text messaging) that you'd be able to do pretty much everything on your iPhone, even if cellular data is turned off. BTW, you may want to turn off cellular data if you're getting close to your monthly limit, at least you might want to start being more judicious about it's use.

    Hi Andrew,

    When I read your initial post it never occurred to me that you may
    have cellular data turned off. In my opinion cellular data should
    always be on because so much the iPhone can do relies on cellular
    data, it's a smartphone after all and smartphones are not so smart
    without cellular data. You couldn't even use SIRI without it and
    also iMessaging wouldn't work, either.