If they have a HIMS device, they could try the HIMS Chat app, but I'm not sure
that has been updated.
If they have a humanware Apex, there is a Deaf-blind communicator app, but I
think it costs close to $100.
Are they wanting to be able to converse with a hearing person through the app?
That is what HIMS chat and the communicator apps are suppose to make easier.
Otherwise, using something like AccessNote would work especially if they also
had a bluetooth keyboard connected, then the other person could type in the
same document.
HTH,
Richard

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be
nothing." - Aristotle