OK, I'm not too proud to admit that I'm a relatively new iPhone user and I'm struggling with the way you move items around on your home screen. You know, I consider myself reasonably intelligent. I've been working with a.t. for over 20 years and I like to think that I pick up on things very quickly but I find this issue of moving files and folders extremely haphazard and unintuitive. I have learned to successfully move a program into a folder but here are my questions. 1. M I to believe that the way you create a folder is to move one app onto a similar app in order for a folder to be created? 2. The names of the folders it creates by default almost seem random to me. How on earth does iOS determine the default name for a folder? I do see a kind of logic to it but ... as an example, i accidentally moved an app onto the Kindle app and it created a folder called Books. OK, move something onto Kindle and iOS calls it Books ... I think I see that logic but the whole process just seems like a lot of guesswork. There's no menu where I can just say "create new folder." 3. What's the best way to move a folder located on page 2 of my home screen onto page 1? I have done very well in learning everything else that I need to learn and, for the most part, I find the touch interface of iOS easy and intuitive except for this business with dragging things onto other things to create folders. I really hope Apple is able to provide a more intuitive interface for this in a future version of iOS. If there is an easier way of doing this, please let me know. Please, don't be afraid to answer these questions in simple language; explain it to me like I'm a four-year-old ...

--
David Goldfield,

     Founder and Peer Coordinator,
Philadelphia Computer Users' Group for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Feel free to visit my new Web site
http://www.davidgoldfield.info/