Wifi access from your iPhone shouldn't be tied to your PC, unless your PC is actually serving as your wifi router. If the problem was with your router than both your PC and your iPhone would have trouble getting on to the network. I'm not sure what problems you were havng with your home computer, but could this have been the case?