OK suppose I buy the separte pack as you say which sounds most likely course of action, do these external pack take either the old 3GS cable and/or the new lightening one? thus I guess my question would be can these external packs interchange cables? And also in the past, I've seen mentions on here on 18 and 24 oms, I take these are in essence how long the phone lasts on the battery pack? Thanks for info.