I find it really hard to believe that Apple would've used a device with a verizon meid and programmed it for Sprint, and it actually worked until I swapped it for a different phone on that account, but probably never would've worked if I would've Ebayed it like I thought of doing until the Freedompop offer came around. I think the two years of Apple Care expired this year, but this is one of those things one would never find out unless you were going to sell, or audits came around. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Hudson" <jhud7...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 8:50 PM
Subject: Re: getting positive verification of iPhone carrier, issue comes to light checking clearness of meid now

Hi, you will need to contact Apple and they will be able to switch this around for you.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 17, 2014, at 8:35 PM, "Brent Harding" <br...@hostany.net> wrote:

Hi there. I have an odd issue that seems to have stemmed from having had my iPhone replaced by Apple over a year ago now. As far as I knew, it was designated as a Sprint 4S, and that's who I used it on until I got a different phone for my Sprint account. I had put it on Ting so I could use a couple apps that used a small amount of data when I was out, but now Freedompop could give me 500 mb a month and 200 minutes free, so why not. I thought Ting didn't push it back to Sprint proper, so to speak, when I deactivated with them, but the rep actually told me that this phone actually comes up with a meid for Verizon. If that was the case, I don't know how I effortlessly activated and used it with sprint because it has always been stock ios since that replacement package from Apple arrived. Is there some kind of apple serial number checker that can settle whether Apple really made a mistake and fixed it in software by programming a verizon referb to Sprint and hoping one would never find that issue? Curiously now, I tried to swap it back on my Sprint account where I have another phone and now they don't recognize the meid, at least doing it the online way, so I wonder if that other rep is unfortunately right? This would mean Apple gave me a verizon iphone programmed to sprint back then. Is there a tool somewhere that can check which issue is really the problem?

--
The following information is important for all members of the viphone list. All new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for this list can be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/viphone@googlegroups.com/. --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.