First of all I apologise  for the poorly stated subject line. In my
original post, I meant to say apple care support.

Folks in follow up posts have asked about the status/symptoms  of my Iphone 4s.

My in store appointment is not until Wednesday, so I won't have a
final diagnosis until then. At the time I made my first of many calls
to Apple Care support (877) 204-3930, my issue was that everyone I
attempted to talk to on a phone call using the speaker said they could
not hear me. So I had to plug in the ear buds when making calls.

The reset I was asked to do was from the settings menu. I have cloud
backup for the phone.

When the phone came back on, and I had to re establish my wi fi
connection, I was in a typing mode different than what I was used to.
the rep could not guide me to the proper correction. Since then, the
phone has been setting off a chime sound when I attempt to input into
the phone call keyboard, cutting off the attempted dialed number. It
sounds like the Siri  chime.  I have many radio apps. also mlb at bat,
and ITunes radio. These streams are suddenly starting with the
slightest touch to the phone without opening or touching the
individual app in question. And the 2 finger double tap no longer
stops the stream playing. I have to power the phone off. And my
question about keyboard feedback and voiceover could not be answered
by one of the reps I talked to. He said the keyboard was acting
correctly and there was no adjustment to produce what I was
requesting. Because of the  knowledge  of some nice posters on this
list, I know have the keyboard arrangement I wanted.

So we still don't know what the speaker problem is. also today, I was
at the Pirates game, it started raining, my wife and I put our phones
in our backpack for protection. When the rain stopped, her phone was
cool, and had battery life. Mine was hot, and the battery was drained
completely. Another negative issue since the reset.
Will update this Wednesday.