Thanks, I got it to run. Unhelpfully, it now shows a dialog that says my phone
is reporting the following issue: power issue. I cannot activate the "continue"
button to view more about this, though, for some reason, so can see no details
or possible solutions Apple can offer. I know it will just say to bring it to
an authorized repair center, but I'd still like to be able to complete this
process and see just what Apple thinks about this. Still, I love that I can get
the diagnostics to run at all; I thought that was something only Apple could
initiate on a support phone call.

Have a great day,
Alex Hall
mehg...@icloud.com