Today I purchased a one month subscription of the seeing eye gps so that I
could compare it to blind square which I currently use. Before I begin let
me give some idea of my surroundings. I live in a townhouse which is only
about a five minute walk to a shopping strip. I currently just have to walk
out my front door take a right down the sidewalk for about 50 steps, take a
left staying on the sidewalk with a street on my right, go about 0.2 mile
until I get to the entrance to the shopping strip, take a left, walk about
10 steps, get up on the sidewalk and I am at the beginning of the stores.
Now, I fired up the seeing eye gps to take a walk to the food lion which is
one of the stores in that strip. The seeing eye gps gave me very good
directions until I reached the entrance to the shopping strip. I liked the
fact it gives you detailed intersection info.
However, when I turned left into the shopping strip the seeing eye app
wanted me to continue straight until I reach the next major intersection. I
tried doing a recalculate but it didn't make any difference. Even when I was
right in front of the food lion it was still giving me directions to the
I think that the seeing eye gps is great when you are walking or driving
down streets but when you get into areas like shopping centers blind square
seems to be better in locating specific buildings.
Anyone using the seeing eye gps have any tips on how to get better walking
directions in situations like mine?

"I'd rather be infected with love for the tiniest sliver of a second than
live a hundred years smothered by a lie."--Lena Haloway

Blind Treasures
sa...@blindtreasures.com
PH: 804-726-8900
Web: www.blindtreasures.com